Fact Number 1: If music is how we decorate time, art is how we decorate a space. Fact Number 2: If you live in Malta, and believe yourself to be a patriot, then there are at least two things you should definitely be doing:
- Buying produce from a (we have several!) farmer’s market
- Supporting local artists, artisans, and craftsmen by giving their work a home in your house.
Besides, there’s no better way to add local flavour and Maltese character into your home than by adding creations made by talents in Malta.
Then again, mixing ingredients is healthy: Your collection can include work that kindles memories of places you’ve visited abroad, ideas or people you hold close, and work by artists whom you enjoy, be that the portraits of Frida, the colours of Matisse, or the landscapes of Van Gogh.
Art is how we communicate our feelings about the world, to the world. In your home, it gives visitors a peek into your imagination. Doesn’t matter what you choose to add (or how), as long as it makes you feel better when you look at it.
For this article, we are going over different ways you can show off artwork in your house to make a statement (or tell a little story).
- Works well with pieces that have the same, sizes and frames
- Can also work if you put really small portraits with bigger ones in a line: just create a composition that’s appealing.
- Horizontally, they can emphasis elements such as a dining table, piano, or sofa.